About the BTA
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance is a non-profit membership organization working to promote bicycling and improve bicycling conditions in Oregon and SW Washington. Since 1990, the BTA has worked in partnership with citizens, businesses, community groups, government agencies and elected officials to create healthy, sustainable communities where bicycling is safe, convenient and accessible.
The Oregon Walk + Bike to School Committee has been promoting Walk and Bike to School Day since 1999, providing training and resources to schools around Oregon who participate in the international event. The committee meets monthly and member organizations provide staffing, expertise and resources to support kids walking and biking to school.
Membership is open to qualified individuals and organizations. Please email Margaux Mennesson or call (503) 226-0676 x28.
Current committee members:
- Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Kaiser Permanente
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Department of Education – Healthy Kids Learn Better
- Oregon Medical Association
- SafeKids Coalition
- Oregon Health & Science University – ThinkFirst program
- Department of Health-Human Services – Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Alliance for Community Traffic Safety-Oregon